Saturday, July 17, 2010

YA is Everywhere!

Today while walking around downtown I found something that made me literally jump for joy (in reality I did a dorky skip jump point thing.)

I found a sticker on a random pipe, and here is a picture of it and explanation of my excitement.

Woot YA!

I've been wanting to read The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney and just seeing this random sticker downtown for everyone to see put my excitement over the top!

I live in a town that views YA as a children's thing and seeing this sticker fills me with joy! I want those around me to hear about these books and love them and embrace them like I do, and seeing this just reaffirmed how much I love this genre! I can't wait to read The Mockingbirds and walk around downtown some more looking for secret stickers. :)

Here is some more about The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney.


Some schools have honor codes.
Others have handbooks.
Themis Academy has the Mockingbirds.

Themis Academy is a quiet boarding school with an exceptional student body that the administration trusts to always behave the honorable way--the Themis Way. So when Alex is date raped during her junior year, she has two options: stay silent and hope someone helps her, or enlist the Mockingbirds--a secret society of students dedicated to righting the wrongs of their fellow peers.

In this honest, page-turning account of a teen girl's struggle to stand up for herself, debut author Daisy Whitney reminds readers that if you love something or someone--especially yourself--you fight for it


I'm going to go search for more YA stickers now. :)
-Christina

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, that does sound absolutely amazing! I'll have to watch out for this one.

Daisy Whitney said...

The sticker!!! Yay!!

Savannah said...

I think it is great that YA books are getting the recongition they deserve. Also, I know more people are starting to read a whole lot more as well. Hooray for literature!!!

Nyxen Nadine said...

That is absolutely amazing!
I would have jumped for joy if I saw that. (:
Slowly, people will understand that YA is more than just children books.

Monica said...

That's so cool! I'm excited for this book :)

Kimberly Franklin said...

This book was absolutely amazing! I can't wait till it hits the shelves!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison