Thursday, September 23, 2010

Book Blogger Hop!



The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books!


This Weeks Question:

When you are writing a review, do you write it while you are reading or wait until you have read the entire book?

My Answer:


It's a little of both really. While I'm reading I think of things I definitely want to include and I even write them down in this 'idea book' I have, but when I'm really writing a review I don't feel like it's fair to actually sit down and write it with out having read the book all the way through. The things I write down ahead of time are things like, "I love that it's funny! Lend = awesome!" <--- exact quote taken during reading Paranormalcy, and another one was, "Music and voice are amazing!" <--- while reading The Mockingbirds.

So now you know how strange my notes are, but that's really how my reviews go. I collect all of the little note feelings and then sit down to write my review.

If you're here from The Hop, welcome!
Be sure to leave a comment so I can visit you!

14 comments:

Amber said...

I love, love, LOVE your new blog design. It looks incredible.

I don't write reviews until after I'm finished either because like you said, it's unfair to pass judgement halfway through! Have an awesome weekend!

Amelia said...

Hey Christina! I'm now following you.
I'm so glad I found your site - it's gorgeous! Did Danny from Dreamy Blogs design it? It looks amazing! I'll definitely be back to check on your reviews :D

Maidenveil said...

Hi, Christina! Just hopping by. Already a follower. :)

Have a nice weekend!

-Len-
Musings of a Reader Happy

Steph said...

Hey, found you through the hop! Happy friday! I'm a new follower! I look forward to reading your review's! This is me: http://thethoughtsofabookjunky.blogspot.com/

Belinda said...

I write my review when I finish and use the notes I take on the insights I had to help me. I review solely on how I felt and so it's really made a difference in how I write.

HOP by and visit

Mary Grace said...

Notes are always a must when you decide to review a book. It is always easy to remember, same as bookmarking :) Dropping by via the hop. Also became a follower through GFC. If you have the time, come visit me over Cladestine Sanctuary and don't forget to enter the giveaway.

Heather said...

I really like the idea of an Idea Book... I'm kind of notebook obsessed and need a new one for every new subject... (heaven forbid my craft notebook have book notes in it!)

Check out my Hop here:
Book Blogger Hop, Follow Friday and a Giveaway!

Jeremy said...

Hello, Happy Friday!

I'm stopping by to say hello on Follow Friday and the Blog Hop. TGIF!!

Have a awesome weekend!

http://romancebookjunkies.blogspot.com

Savannah Smith said...

Thank you so much for following my blog! :)

I'm an old follower :D

Have a fantastic weekend!

Katie said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog (The Crescive Library). I've been following you for a while, I love your blog! I think taking some notes like "awesome" during reading can be helpful :)

justpeachy36 said...

Just hopping by... Nice blog.

Jen said...

What a beautiful blog! I love the new design. I also really enjoyed reading your About Me section.

It seems like we like similar books (I LOVE Sarah Dessen) and have similar book crushes! (Gilbert Blythe...be still my heart)

I will definitely follow you. I love your blog!

Just hopping by...feel free to stop by if you get a chance :)

Unknown said...

Hopping by to return the visit! Wonderful process. Those were my exact thoughts abt Paranormalcy and lend. :-)

Unknown said...

what a great blog...

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison