Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, and its purpose is to spotlight those titles we can't wait for!


The summer of 1889 is the one between childhood and womanhood for Amelia van den Broek—and thankfully, she’s not spending it at home in rural Maine. She’s been sent to Baltimore to stay with her stylish cousin, Zora, who will show her all the pleasures of city life and help her find a suitable man to marry.

With diversions ranging from archery in the park to dazzling balls and hints of forbidden romance, Victorian Baltimore is more exciting than Amelia imagined. But her gaiety is interrupted by disturbing, dreamlike visions she has only at sunset—visions that offer glimpses of the future. Soon, friends and strangers alike call on Amelia to hear her prophecies. Newly dubbed "Maine’s Own Mystic", Amelia is suddenly quite in demand.

However, her attraction to Nathaniel, an artist who is decidedly outside of Zora's circle, threatens the new life Amelia is building in Baltimore. This enigmatic young man is keeping secrets of his own—still, Amelia finds herself irrepressibly drawn to him. And while she has no trouble seeing the futures of others, she cannot predict whether Nathaniel will remain in hers.

When one of her darkest visions comes to pass, Amelia's world is thrown into chaos. And those around her begin to wonder if she’s not the seer of dark portents, but the cause.



Historical fiction? I WANT it! I just love the cover and I really enjoyed Shadowed Summer. I. Can't. Wait.

11 comments:

Steph said...

Looks good, Great pick!

Check out my WOW: http://thethoughtsofabookjunky.blogspot.com/2010/10/waiting-on-wednesday-iron-witch.html

Straylights said...

Oh those boys and their secrets! Heroines should just start shaking the truth out of them! This is now on my tbr pile!


Come check out my WoW :D

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

Hi Twin! Gosh -- you always pick the ones that I've never heard of. I should applaud you and give you hugs for giving me books to add to my tbr! :)

Here's my WoW.

Belinda said...

I love the sound of this book!! I've added it to my HUGE TBR list. Great WOW this week :)

Here's my WOW this week

Lacey Weatherford said...

This story sounds positively delicious! Thanks for sharing! I will have to add it to my rapidly expanding tbr! My wow is at:
The Delusional Diaries

Lori said...

I can't wait for this!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait for the Vespertine, I loved Saundra Mitchell's first book. Great pick!

Heather said...

Wow, I really love the cover of this book!! This sounds interesting... another historical piece!

Check my pick out HERE!

Jude said...

This sounds interesting and I love the cover too. Thanks for a great pick.

This is what I'm waiting on this week.

J x

Sarah said...

I just heard about this about a week ago.. it sounds great. It's on my TBR List now too :)

Amber said...

I've never heard of this but it sounds really good! Thanks for sharing!

My WoW

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison