Monday, October 25, 2010

Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick [Review]

Claire is a #hopelessromantic. Lottie is determined to set up her BFF with Mr. Perfect. Will wants his #secretcrush to finally notice him. Bennett is a man with a plan.

Claire can’t believe it when her dream guy starts following her on Twitter. She never thought he noticed her, and suddenly he seems to understand her better than almost anyone.

But the Twitterverse can be a confusing place, especially when friends act differently online than they do in person. Things get even more complicated when Claire realizes she’s falling for someone else, the last person she ever would have expected….

Told in an innovative format combining tweets, emails, and blogs, Tweet Heart is a contemporary romantic comedy that will set your heart atwitter.


Rating: 4.5 or 5 keys






Source:
From publisher.

Review:

This book was completely cute and I can't think about it without smiling. No, it was not deep and no, it doesn't contain the secret to life, but it was a lot of fun to read.

What first attracted me to this book was its format. I'm a new Tweeter and the entire Twitter universe still kind of baffles me, but reading this book with all of the Tweets really made me understand why it's fun and it often had me laughing out loud.

I loved Bennett, even though I know he's not the focus of the novel I just loved him and his nerdy self, plus I really enjoyed Bennett and Will's friendship and how they interacted with Claire who is essentially the friend that keeps all of them together.

This book really revolves around friendship in all of its many forms. It is a novel about friends written by those friends and I loved it. I really felt like I was getting to know them because honestly, nothing is as a part of you as your Twitter and your blog.

It was perhaps a bit predictable but I really enjoyed it overall. If you want something light, quick, and fun Tweet Heart is definitely the read for you!

5 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

This does sound cute and a book I really think my middle school girls would love. Thanks for the great review!

Danna (Bananas For Books) said...

Sounds like a great book! Thanks for review, I think I'll add it to my wish list:)
-Danna

Vee said...

This does sound really cute (and I'm kind of a twitter addict, so maybe perfect for me, haha). Thanks for the review :)

Lori said...

This does sound like a cute book! I've saw it everywhere, but never really paid much attention to it. I didn't know it was told in Tweets and Blogs! How fun!

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

I can definitely use a light and fun read in a unique format. Great review, I'll have to check this one out :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison