Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Author Signing: Scott Westerfeld Edition!

Last Wednesday Lori from Pure Imagination, her friend Kristen and I all packed into the car and went off to Alpharetta for the Scott Westerfeld signing!

I'd had next to no sleep the night before, and when I was driving to meet them I actually thought I might not make it the entire night, but as soon as I got in the car the power of books made me sane again! That or it could have just been the coffee.


Scott was very fun and he went into depth on how he got the idea for the Uglies series which in turn really made me want to read them. He answered a lot of questions and I was surprised by how in depth he went into his answers, normally you get asked the same questions so many times it's just a rambling off of facts but it never felt like that when he was talking and I loved it!


He talked a lot about Leviathan and the reason why there were illustrations and he really made me want to read it ASAP, which is perfect because that's what I bought there!



His wife Justine Larbalestier (Liar, edited Zombies Vs. Unicorns) was there and she also signed some books including Zombies Vs. Unicorns for Lori.

I definitely recommend going and seeing him if he's coming anywhere near you! I promise you won't regret it!



*I don't know why this posted twice, but I deleted the other one. Sorry!*

4 comments:

ivanova said...

Sounds like fun!
You will love Leviathan and the Uglies series!
I did not know that Justine Larbalestier was his wife. I guess all the talented writers couple up.

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

So awesome! I wish more authors would come to my area. I am reading 'Behemoth' right now. =)

Lori said...

I didn't know you got a picture of Justine (with my book!) and Scott, how cool! I had a lot of fun and now I'm looking forward to Rachel Caine!

Julie said...

Leviathan is on my I-must-read-before-I-die list and I have it slated for my Steampunk challenge! I totally look forward to it!

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison