Monday, May 19, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Books With Realistic Friendships


 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!

1.) Harry Potter:

Within the world of Harry Potter we see horrible things. We see death, destruction, heartbreak, but we also see love. Friendship is possibly the most central take away to be had from Harry Potter. Good can conquer evil... if you have some good friends.



2.) Pride and Prejudice/Sense and Sensibility:
 Any Jane Austen fan knows the love that Jane possessed between herself and her sister. This relationship was the most essential friendship she had and it was the basis for many of the wonderful relationships we see on the page. In these classic novels, friendship is not in short supply. 

And neither is a super attractive Colin Firth. Am I right? haha





3.) Sherlock and Watson: 

I love Sherlock and Watson, but it is really because of their amazing one of a kind friendship that I am so crazy about them. Where would they be without each other? Not on this list, I can tell you that much. 






4.) Rose Hathaway and Lissa Dragomir: 
I love the Vampire Academy series, I haven't seen the film because I worry... but in the book Rose and Lissa had a great friendship. I truly believe Rose would do anything to protect Lissa, and not just because it is what she is "supposed" to do.

5.) Cinder and Iko:
The friendship between Cinder and Iko had me in tears at one point. I was surprised by how accepting I was of the android/robot thing with this novel in general, but being able to feel deeply for a robot - that was intense. I loved it. There relationship was extremely realistic... and I'm talking about a robot here, guys.
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the gifs you've used. I think Harry Potter is such an important series about friendship.

Bookish said...

Great list! I love that you included Pride & Prejudice, I did too because my friendship with my sister is just as big a part of me as my friendships with other people and I loved Jane & Elizabeth's relationship. Love Sherlock Holmes & Watson, definitely best friends even if Sherlock would deny it :)

Obsessive Compulsive Reader said...

Love your list and your use of gifs! Sherlock and Watson is definitely one of the ultimate dynamic duos.

New GFC follower :)

My TTT

Obsessive Compulsive Reader

Unknown said...

Cinder and IKO! Good call there.

TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

Carly said...

Yes, yes, yes to your top three! Such perfect choices!

Carly Blogs Here

Bookmark Dragon said...

I have Sherlock Holmes and John Watson on my list too! I love their friendship. (And I LOVE those gifs haha.) Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter are just classic. Love those as well. Great picks!

Christina said...

Thanks guys!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison