Monday, May 5, 2014

The Weekly Write [2]

This week on The Weekly Write we get to talk about how terrible things go when I make goals.

I have created a bullet style list so you can all view my failure:
  • I didn't write hardly anything.          
 I did write things, so it isn't a complete failure, but my word count for a while was lower than when I began. Why is this? Because the editing monster got me.

I started by reading my contemporary, and I just started cutting paragraphs and rephrasing. Before I knew what happened, I was on page fifty and I was ready to add more content.

I feel a lot better about this work in progress than I did last week. I have become acquainted with it again. It's like meeting an old friend you haven't seen in a while. After all, I gave it a year of distance.

I remember what made me excited in the beginning, which has to be good.

I have decided that I am going to focus on the contemporary and my goal is to complete it by the beginning of September... if the editing bug doesn't get me again.

My question though is how bad can a rough draft be? I see holes. Huge holes and I just want to fill them all in and put a ribbon on them so I can continue, but I know I should write more before I lose the will power.

I don't care who you are, deleting ten pages of a manuscript sucks. Watching your word count diminish really sucks.

I'm having issues with when to keep going back and when to go forward. Anyone else feel really weird in the middle? I've realized problems, am trying to fix them as best I can, but I'm stuck between getting everything written and fixing this darn first half.

Any advice?

Contemporary WIP- 
Word Count- 31940
Pages- 109
Editing- Tons. It's a love hate relationship at this point.
Progress? - Meh. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison