Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Armchair BEA - Introduction

Not all of us can go to BEA. I wish I could. I wish I could travel to NYC, take the subway, wear the wrong shoes and regret it later... but I can't. So the people over at Armchair BEA have made us poor unfortunate souls feel less mediocre by giving us a distraction from the tweets and pictures and book stacks that will soon be coming our way!

Introduction:

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Where in the world are you blogging from?

Hello! I'm Christina and Books are Life has been running since 2009. I took a break from blogging around 2011 because I was in college and life got in the way, but I received my AS degree and am now a year away from my BA in American English Language and Lit with a minor in Communication. I have always loved books and reading, blogging about it was the natural step for me. In my real day to day life people would get tired of hearing me talk on and on about books that they had never heard of. I could feel them lose interest in me, so I had to take my talking elsewhere. The rest is history.

I am from the Southern United States - Tennessee to be exact. Because of this I am a

Describe your blog in just one sentence. Then, list your social details — Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. — so we can connect more online.

Books are Life is quirky with a side of lemon pie - I like to talk about books of all sorts, but I focus on YA with topics that beg for discussion.

Twitter        Facebook     BlogLovin    

What genre do you read the most? I love to read because ___________________ .

I love fantasy and I talk about this all the time. My header is a fairy tale scene for goodness sake! Fantasy is my favorite, but I also love contemporary and historical fiction.

I love to read fantasy because it transports me to something completely different. I always dreamed of having an epic adventure, and this is the closest I can come. Any book that can transport me anywhere though is sure to leave me happy.

What was your favorite book read last year? What’s your favorite book so far this year?

Divergent was my favorite book read last year. It was fun, and I actually read it for school - which is how most things were read last year. Since though my school has calmed down, now I'm in the home stretch!

What does your favorite/ideal reading space look like? (Pinterest encouraged!)

Do you see this?! I NEED it!

What is your favorite blogging resource?

I found out everything that is going on while I'm on Twitter. Seriously - that is where I hear all of the news. I also look at Publisher's Weekly and try to keep up with Publisher's catalogs.

Spread the love by naming your favorite blogs/bloggers (doesn’t necessarily have to be book blogs/bloggers).

Candace's Book Blog

Good Books and Good Wine

Share your favorite book or reading related quote.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend - Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx  

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 books would you bring? Why? What 3 non-book items would you bring? Why?

I would bring The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen, Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell and something fantasy - maybe Harry Potter? Perhaps Poison Study?

I would bring water, a sleeping bag/pillow, and some food.

 What book would you love to see as a movie?

I would love for Poison Study to be a movie. It's such a wonderful series, it needs more love!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore your reading area choice. I have never seen anything like that. Gone with the Wind would be a good one to bring if stranded on an island. It is a wonderful book and is a chunkster.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison