Friday, August 27, 2010

Book Blogger Hop!

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books!

This Week's Question:
Do you use a rating system for your reviews and if so, what is it and why?

My Answer:
Yes, I do use a rating system for my reviews simply because I have a hard time explaining exactly how I feel about the book because I go on my own personal emotions as judge. My ratings (A-F) are given to explain how high the book rates on the awesome scale. I wish I had one of those super cute picture ratings, but I am not tech savy so I feel this rating system works well for me and helps me formulate exactly how I feel when a review just isn't enough. I don't finish books I don't connect with though so most of my ratings are A's and B's so maybe my rating system is pointless, but it makes me feel better if nothing else.


If you're here from the hop I hope you enjoy your stay! Be sure to leave a comment so I can find your blog and visit you. :)

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey Christina!

I'm already following. I'm just dropping in to tell you hi!

I use a rating system as well. Personally, I prefer them, because they help me to better gage the blogger's reaction to a book.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Erika said...

Hi Christina! I'm an old follower, but I'm just stopping by on the hop :)

Although I make sure to read the full review, rating systems help me figure out how much I want to read a book. Like the review is an explanation, and the rating is the actual grade :)

Have a lovely weekend!


Erika
Erika Breathes Books

Maidenveil said...

Hi, Christina!

Just hopping by! I'm already a follower of your blog.

Interesting rating system. The fancy rating pics are not required and I might go back to number system as well. :D

Cheers!

-Len-
Musings of a Reader Happy

Belinda said...

Yeah I'm an emotional reader and so it's sometimes hard putting a ranking. Sometimes it may be as simple as yay or nay. You can come by and check out my site whenever at http://thebookishsnob.blogspot.com

Savannah said...

Hello, just stopping by the blog hop!

Have a great weekend!

Katie said...

Hello, just hopping by.
Sometimes I feel my ratings are useless too, I usually give high ratings :)

I'm a new follower :)
Katie (The Crescive Library)

Beverly said...

Hey there! Just hopping by! If you have a chance, stop by The Wormhole and check out my 300 follower giveaway! Happy reading – have a great weekend!

Monica said...

AHHH MAN! I totally forgot to do the hop for the past 2 weeks! >.< Ahh well! But I'd totally be cool with you using the book list if you want! I love to look at what other people have read on the list!

KIKA said...

Hopping through the blog! am now a follower :D happy reading!

TheBookBluff

Susan said...

Just found your blog via the Hop. I noticed that you're waiting on FIRELIGHT - if you haven't read it yet, I'm giving away an ARC of it. The contest ends on Monday, so hurry on over!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison