Monday, November 29, 2010

The Weekly Write [1]


This is a brand new thing that I will be doing every Monday, since I have recently decided to take my writing seriously I need to keep track of it somehow. :)

For one day a week I will consider myself a writer, and I will share with you whatever I have discovered on the writerly journey so far.

This week was extremely hectic because I was out of town for Thanksgiving and I had a ton of school work to do, of course this didn't stop this editing craziness...



This is the crazy that has been my life this past week. I have been editing the partial draft like crazy, which means that I have just been going through and adding description because apparently my first draft brain hates description.


I found gems like this while going through and the question was raised, what was I thinking?


As I was editing, I made the mistake of going back through and reading my edits which resulted in me editing my edits. :(



I haven't finished the first 100 pages yet, and this week is known as Hell week at my college so it may be another hectic week, but I know that editing is a completely different game than writing.
I actually find it interesting how my vision is the same, and what I wrote and what I wanted to write in edits matched perfectly. Because of the break and the editing I have done so far, I really think I know exactly where I'm going.

I actually had a brain blast the other day where I realized something about the plot that was obvious, but I'd just never noticed it before. I'm excited to get back. My goal is to have it all done by January 1st and to have critique partners reading it the 2nd. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting. I have not thought of myself as a writer or one who enjoys it because it is so hard for me to see my problem areas. Good Luck to you :)

There is a new project starting in the blog-o-sphere that I want to get involved in, so spreading the word of greatness. I have a post up about Save a Tree, Read an E-Book.

Mad Scientist
http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com/2010/11/save-tree-rean-e-book.html

Lori said...

Great post! Editing what you edited. Its a vicious cycle! lol

Demitria said...

It helps to step away from your work for a while...it gives you clarity. Good luck!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison