Thursday, November 11, 2010

Book Blogger Hop + Follow Friday!

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books!

This Week's Question:

If you see a book that looks good, but it is part of a series, do you start with book one or just read the one you want to read?

My Answer:

I always, always, always start with book one. I can't read just part of a series. Series are all about getting indebted in the characters and becoming immersed in the world and I can't do that just reading the last book or book 2. My brain just doesn't work that way, plus I'm kind of nosy when it comes to my characters. I want to know as much as I can.



Follow Friday is hosted by the awesome Parajunkee at Parajunkee's" View

This Week's Question:

What is your monthly book budget?


My Answer:

I don't have a monthly book budget really, maybe if I did I would be more organized with my buying but really I just pick up things randomly. I do try to only go once a month in order to pick up things I only really, really want, but that normally doesn't happen... and when I go to signings (which seems to be fairly often recently) that idea goes out the window.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep my budget really low, but there are times when I have to toss it out and just buy!

Julia @ That Hapa Chick said...

Wow I absolutly ADORE your blog banner. Its so enchanting!

Just hopping through! I'm a new follower. :)

Julia @ That Hapa Chick

Jan von Harz said...

Hopped in to say hi. I am very bad with budgeting when it comes to books, more of a see it, want it, buy it kinda gal. Have a great weekend!

Julie Anne Lindsey said...

I'm with you. I start at the beginning! and my book budget...sad :( lol!!

Jen Bigheart said...

Old follower...
I'm with you, always start with book one. Drives me crazy that others don't. ;)

Hope you come by and see my answer!

Bella said...

Just stopping by for Hop. Agree with you on the question, I have to start at the beginning of the series, or I'll just get confused. New follower. =]

Bella @ www.cheezyfeetbooks.blogspot.com

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

Hi twin! I haven't stopped by for a while, sadly. ;_; So I'm here now, giving you a few weeks' worth of loving in one post! <3

I can't start a book mid-series, either. Can't. There might have been something I missed or some important concept in the first book. I don't like not knowing what the heck is going on.

My book budget is $0! I'm a poor college student, so I only borrow books from the library or read in Barnes and Noble while hogging their air conditioning. :)

Kristina @ Frazzled Book Nommer. Have a good weekend twinzor! <3

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from the hop :) I try to read books in the order intended, but I have had a few instances that I found I was reading a sequel. Have a blessed weekend!

Read for your future! said...

Hi Just hopping around to say hi this is my first blog hop. I do books sometimes but right now I'm giving away a really nice pair of Bushnell binoculars. Really. Come on over and hi high and check out my site. Refer your hubby boyfriend or just your friend that hunt. I always start with the first one in a series.
Thanks This is fun
Broncomax93
http://hillbillyhunter.blogspot.com/
Bronchomax93@aol.com

Heather @ Love Life and Reading said...

Hello Fellow Blogger! Wanted to show some love and say your blog is wonderful. I myself just started a new blog and could really use your support. Return the favor and become a follower?

pruesbookblog.blogspot.com

Emma Michaels said...

I am a follower! Happy Follow Friday and Blog Hop!!!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
Emma_Michaels@hotmail.com
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

Just dropping by to say hello. I know about the signing my first one I went and I spent like 50 dollars. -sighs-

have a good weekend!

kel said...

Oh, how I wish I had a book budget! Lately it has been nonexistent! Thankfully, I do get quite a few freebies each month, so that helps!

Girls with Books
Teen Bookshelf

April said...

Dropping by from the hop!
great blog, i'm your newest follower

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison