Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Make Candace Read Harry Potter Campaign!

Some things are just not right with the world. There are a few things that should be guaranteed, Life, Liberty, and the Opportunity to read Harry Potter and Candace at Candace's Book Blog, has never read Harry Potter!

I can't even begin to comprehend how a life without Harry Potter must feel so we need to help her! This is what she had to say:


It's really a combination of reasons, first of all it was so hyped that I think that I lost any interest in reading them for that reason alone. If I hadn't read Twilight before it was something HUGE then I probably never would have read them either.
Another reason is those books are freaking HUGE! I mean seriously! I have 60+ books waiting for me to read NOW and I could get through at least 3 of them in the time it would take me to read ONE HP.
HP is for little kids. Okay, so let me explain that one. Many years back when my brother Seth was only 10 or so I got him an HP book cause my mom said he liked them. It was the small version, for the younger kids, I assume. That stuck in my head though and I guess it may have influenced my decision.
And then last, but not least, those books are HUGE (oh, did I say that already?) well, that is really the main reason.
So tell me, why should I take my precious reading time and put it into reading HP? Is it really worth putting off those other books? -Candace


Clearly, she needs us.

She needs us to convince her to read the books! She doesn't know what she's missing. So if you are as horrified at this as me please support the Make Candace Read Harry Potter Campaign. There are many ways you can help out, and all of them are easy! You can grab the button below for starters, and then visit Candace at her blog, leave a comment telling her why she should read Harry Potter. You can even send her a tweet with the reason why she should read them. Please put your support behind this!

Only we can help her!


If you Tweet her or leave her comments come back and let us know! It's worth 5 extra points in the giveaway!

Make Candace Read Harry Potter Campaign


2 comments:

Must Love Books said...

That is horrible that she hasn't read them but it doesn't sound like she's going to change her mind. It's her loss. If the books are great enought that they made a theme park for them, it should be saying something about how fantastic they are.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Candace - Don't read them! I haven't read them either :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison