Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NaNoWriMo Update: Day 9


I meant to do this post yesterday, but I had an essay that stole my soul. It was horribly hard and I'm still unsure on my topic, but I refuse to think of that now.

I am going to focus on what is more important to me at the moment, and that is how my essay made me feel about the book I'm writing.

I had been longing to write all day, but I knew from the time that I woke up that I couldn't until I had written this first draft. I needed to have something to bring to class tomorrow and that fact absolutely destroyed my inner drive to do it.

I ended up doing something essayish which will definitely suffice for a peer editing discussion, but I have never wanted to write so much in my life as I did today. I was thinking about the next scene constantly and I was so ready to just write as much as I could and I missed my characters.

I missed my characters, people that don't exist.

It kind of surprised me, I missed them, really missed them. I didn't get to write and be a part of their world until almost midnight and only writing 1k was torture, but it was worth it because now I know that I have to finish this story.

I really hope NaNoWriMo where be where I do it, but school has to be priority. So far I am fine, but I don't know how much I'll be able to write with this horrible essay due Monday.

At least I know, I have to keep writing.

Word Count: 17145

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison