Friday, January 8, 2010

Impossible by: Nancy Werlin

Impossible
by:Nancy Werlin


Lucy is seventeen when she discovers that the women of her family have been cursed through the generations, forced to attempt three seemingly impossible tasks or to fall into madness upon their child's birth. But Lucy is the first girl who won't be alone as she tackles the list. She has her fiercely protective foster parents beside her. And she has Zach, whose strength amazes her more each day. Do they have enough love and resolve to overcome an age-old evil?


Inspired by the ballad "Scarborough Fair," Impossible combines suspense, fantasy, and romance.


*From Me*

To me this book had an amazing idea, the plot was there, the inspiration for it I felt was good and this is what made me want to read it. I as well love Scarborough Fair by Simon and Garfunkel, the lyrics are compelling and the song itself is beautiful, but unfortunately this book didn't give me what I was hoping for in any other aspect.

The main character Lucy I felt never had any real emotions. They were attempted but she was too okay with everything. Intense and horrible things happened to her and she just instantly recovered as if it was nothing at all. Her relationship with Zach as well, I felt it happened way too quickly. One minute they were like brother and sister and the next they were in a serious relationship. I wished to see some depth there, something not so drastic. It just seemed very quick to me.

The story itself also I though took too long to begin. It was page 70 before anything really happened, and then in the 100's before it got really interesting.

As I said before I LOVED the idea. The general plot I thought was good, but it was the way it was done that turned me off. I wish the turning point of the novel had occurred sooner, I felt that certain parts were rushed through and that they could have been put into much more depth.

I hate giving bad reviews, and I realize that this is just my opinion, just because I didn't like this book deffinately doesn't mean someone else might love it, but sadly it wasn't my cup of tea.

If anyone else has read this book and has comments on it, please leave a comment. I would love to see what you guys thought :]

I give it a 4/10.

-Christina

1 comments:

prophecygirl said...

I haven't read this yet, though like you, I do really like the sound of it. I think it's unusual for books to be based around songs, and even though it might not work well in this instance, it's a great idea.

Thanks for an honest review.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison