Monday, August 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: My Auto-Buy Authors!



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

I feel like this is very similar to the favorite authors post for me -- so there may not be any suprises here! I included newer authors who have "hooked" me recently as well to mix it up. 



1. Sarah Dessen - We all know why. She is amazing and is essentially the standard by which I judge everything by. 

2. Sara Raasch - FANTASY! I loved Snow Like Ashes, and Ice Like Fire is looking good. Raasch impressed me so much with her debut that I'm pretty sure I will be buying her stuff for awhile. 


3. John Green- I have odd emotions about John Green. I love his internet personality and Nerdfighteria, but everyone loves his books to an insane degree. I'm not one of those people... but I do auto buy him for sure. 

4. Rachel Hartman - This is another fantasy that blew my mind! So wonderful to see so many authors getting it right. This is another that I am eagerly awaiting everything they ever write ever. 


5. Jennifer Echols - I LOVE her contemporaries and have been buying them all since Going Too Far came out. 

6. Kody Keplinger - I was obsessed with The Duff when if first came out. I got my hands on an ARC and I told everyone I knew about it for months. She has been on my watch list ever since. 

And... 


7. J.K. Rowling - Her writing is still as close to perfect as I have witnessed. It has been 10+ years since I first read Harry Potter and still if I start it I can't stop. I will buy everything she writes always and forever. 




2 comments:

Carla N said...

J.K. Rowling is just perfection <3
Thank you for sharing these! Those books you mentioned by Sara Raasch and Rachel Hartman really caught my attention! :)

Lipstick and Mocha

Bogdana said...

Great list! We have quite a few in common. But I love many of the ones you listed even if I didn't include them on my list. I had a hard time narrowing auto-buy authors to just 10 :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison