Thursday, August 27, 2015

Feature and Follow Friday



Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read

The wonderful Alison and Parajunkee picked me this week to be one of the featured blogs on Follow Friday! 

Of course, this fills me with joy - so let's get the party started! 

My Questions and Answers! 

When did you start blogging? 
I actually started blogging back in 2009 which seems crazy now! I took a break while beginning college but am now back to the blogosphere I’d missed so much. It doesn’t feel like I started blogging seven years ago, but time flies when you’re having fun. 

What is your favorite part of book blogging?
I really enjoy being able to keep up with the book-ish world. I love knowing what books are coming out, and being able to talk about something that I love. I love the fact that I need a planner JUST for my blog schedule and reading schedule. I feel very thankful to receive emails from real publicists who care what I say. It is insane and I am so, so grateful. 

What type of books do you mainly blog about?
I love all things YA, particularly fantasy, contemporary, and historical fiction. I also enjoy books with crossover appeal - especially if they involve epic adventures or furry four legged friends. 

What are your favorite books?
The Truth About Forever, The Study Series, The Sin Eater’s Daughter, 17 First Kisses, Going Too Far, Harry Potter, Snow Like Ashes, Lord of the Rings, etc… I’m an English major so I also have a soft spot for classics and poetry. I often cry reading Tennyson in my spare time. 

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?
The relationship that I have built with publishers and other bloggers has been fantastic, but there are many things I look back on and can’t believe have happened.  I have had breakfast with best selling authors, and have met more authors than I ever thought I would at festivals and signings, etc..  I met Stephanie Meyer before there was a movie! 

Honestly though, book blogging is all about the community and all about the people you meet physically and virtually. When you write a review and have the author contact you with thanks it feels great, and when you’re able to help other bloggers it is a wonderful feeling. Blogging is just the best. 

This Week's Question... 

Share a random quote from a book you are currently reading!
I am reading On Writing by Stephen King (again!) for a writing class, and a wonderful quote from that book is... 

"The road to Hell is paved with adverbs." 

Which is just true. 

Don't forget to add your link, and let me know if you're hopping by! 


 



18 comments:

Lillian @ Mom with a Reading Problem said...

I love Stephen King! He has some of the best advice (and adverbs are hell!) :D

New follower via Bloglovin
Congrats on being the feature this week!

The Butterfly Reader said...

I love that quote! New follower via GFC and Bloglovin'. Congratulations on being featured!

Carrie @The Book Goddess
http://sweetcherry69.blogspot.com/2015/08/feature-follow-8.html

The Candid Cover said...

Congrats on being featured this week! What an interesting and thought provoking quote! I love it. New Bloglovin' follower :)

Baggins said...

Congrats on the feature! And that's a great quote! :-D Old bloglovin' follower.

My FF.

Unknown said...

That is a funny quote! I'm terrible at grammar... :) Congrats on being featured!

New follower on Bloglovin'.

Stormi said...

Interesting quote!

Stormi
Friday Memes

Holly said...

Congrats on being featured this week! I'm a new follower via GFC and Facebook.

Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

Unknown said...

Spot on quote! I remember reading On Writing a couple of years back and I loved all of his advices. Congrats on being featured!

New GFC follower :)

Here's my FFF

Obsessive Compulsive Reader

Kim Griffin said...

Haha, I love Stephen King. He's got a great sense of humor. Great quote! Congrats on being featured! Following you via Bloglovin'. Happy reading! :)
My F&F.

Nelle Nazario said...

A Stephen King book filled with writing advice? I'll have to check it out! It's interesting that you read Tennyson.
New Bloglovin' follower

Follow Friday

Louisa @ Words I Write Crazy said...

Congrats on the feature! And that is a pretty great quote, even if I haven't read any Stephen King books, since I'm more into YA! Old Bloglovin' follower! Here's my FF!! Happy reading!

Kristen said...

Hahah! That is a fantastic quote. Love me some Stephen King.

New follower via GFC!
Kristen @ One Chapter Ahead

Maggie said...

Congratulations on being a featured blog this week! :) Awesome quote! I, personally, have much difficulty staying away from adverbs! Happy reading! :)

Maria Behar said...

CONGRATS on being one of the featured blogs this week!! WOOT, WOOT!!

I enjoyed reading your interview, and think you're SO lucky to have met Stephenie Meyer!! I met her myself in 2007, at a book signing. But I didn't have any time to really talk to her, as the place was SO crowded with fans! I had to wait an hour and a half to get my copy of "Ecllipse" signed. So she basically signed my book, and that was that. And I wouldn't part with that book for the world!! I hope you got to talk to her, at least for a few minutes, when you met her.

As for the quote, it's a GREAT one for writers! I'm not a Stephen King fan, but, in the case of this quote, I think he really nailed it! And I see he also has a sense of humor.

I'm now following your blog with GFC and Bloglovin'.

Here's my own FF post:

http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/feature-follow-friday-10-quote-from-my.html

Unknown said...

Hello from your new follower on Bloglovin' and congratulations on being the featured blog this week! Happy blogging!

My Feature & Follow post: http://blog.booklovers.com.my/2015/08/29/feature-follow-quote/

Betsy Perez said...

Congrats on being featured! Stephen King is always a favorite!

New follower on GFC and Bloglovin!
Betsy @ I Sold My Soul For Books

Unknown said...

That quote is beautiful. Congrats on the feature

New follower here via GFC and Bloglovin
Denise @ Romance Dreamland Book Corner

Katiria said...

Congrats on being featured and great and really intresting quote. New follower on Bloglovin, GFC, Twitter and Facebook. Here is my #FF
http://katibookaholicrambligreview.blogspot.com/2015/08/feature-follow-friday-3-quotes.html

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison