Thursday, August 13, 2015

Blogger Recognition Award!

I was nominated by Bogdana the Booknerd for the Blogger Recognition Award!


Rules:
v  Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.

v  Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you've nominated in the post. 
o   Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).


  1. v  Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.

  2. v  Provide a link to the original post on Edge of NightEdge of NightThat way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!


My Story: 


            I started this blog back in 2009 which just seems crazy now. I wasn't familiar with the blogosphere, but I had no friends who loved the books I loved... so I started talking about books I loved online. Little did I know that people actually DID THIS. People were into talking about books and I was not alone. Since then blogging has been a wonderful escape from the bookless world and people (ha!) around me. Blogging has been with me through high school, college, jobs... it is the constant. Which is nice. Books are my Life, and I'm just trying to talk about that. 

      I was shocked when publishing houses cared what I had to say, and it is forever one of my favorite things. I feel so lucky everyday to wake up to emails about books, and be able to talk about books as much as I want. 

My Advice: 

          Through the years I have seen some pretty big bloggers go, so my advice would be to not worry about how others see your blog. 

           I know that sounds cliche, but seriously, this is YOUR blog with YOUR thoughts so make them your own. Who cares if so and so got that book you were dreaming of. I know blogger jealousy, I have felt blogger jealousy, but don't let it make you into something you're not.

           I accepted a long time ago that I can't post daily. It doesn't work with my life style and it stresses me out to think about it in a negative light. I CAN however post four or five times a week, this keeps me from stressing. Don't be afraid to write about things that aren't books. Talk about nails if you want, or travel, or that horrible day you had last week. Don't limit yourself to fit into a box that isn't real. 

           Accept that you may be a tiny voice in a sea of loud yells. Don't worry though - someone WILL hear you. 

Six years and I am still a tiny voice, but I'm cool with it. 

I nominate...

Everyone. 

Seriously. All of you deserve recognition, so wear your badge proudly and use your tiny voice for good. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison