Saturday, October 3, 2015

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tyngas Reviews!



So, this week is my midterms and life just feels crazy! 
Sometimes life is just hard, you know? 
It is my last semester of my SENIOR year of college, so at the very least it should look up soon! 

This week I received... 
For Review: 

The Leaving Season
Release Date: 3/1/2016

Nicholas Sparks fans will devour this heartfelt romance by an exciting debut author.

Middie Daniels calls it the Leaving Season: the time of year when everyone graduates high school, packs up their brand-new suitcases, and leaves home for the first time.

This year Middie’s boyfriend, Nate, is the one leaving. Nate, who’s so perfect that she can barely believe it. Nate, who makes her better than she is on her own. Nate, who’s promised to come back once he’s finished his gap year volunteering in Central America. And when he does, it’ll be time for Middie to leave, too. With him.

But when tragedy strikes, Middie’s whole world is set spinning. No one seems to understand just how lost she is…except for Nate’s slacker best friend, Lee. Middie and Lee have never gotten along. But with the ground ripped out from under her, Middie is finding that up is down—and that Lee Ryan might be just what she needs to help her find her footing once more.

Cat Jordan’s heartbreaking story proves that no matter the season, no matter the obstacles, love can help you find yourself in the most unexpected of places.

Balance Keepers: The Pillars of Ponderay
Release Date: September 22, 2015 
(Unsolicited) 


The second book in Lindsay Cummings’s epic middle grade fantasy adventure trilogy, reminiscent of Journey to the Center of the Earth

Albert Flynn is psyched to return to the Core, the magical world at the center of the earth where Balance Keepers fix problems in three underground Realms. Last term, Albert and his Balance Keeper teammates Birdie and Leroy saved New York by fixing the Calderon Realm and were crowned First Unit, aka the Coolest Kids in the Core.

Now Albert and his teammates have been called to the Core for an emergency training session…along with their archenemy, Hoyt. There’s a horrible Imbalance in the Ponderay Realm and they have only seven days before California will be swallowed by hurricanes, earthquakes, and tsunamis. Worse yet, it’s rumored there’s a traitor among them who is causing all this chaos. 

Will Albert, Leroy, and Birdie discover who’s been putting the Core—and the world above—in danger? Can they save Ponderay before California becomes an underwater wasteland forever?
This second book in Lindsay Cummings’s epic fantasy adventure series is packed with fantastical creatures, perilous journeys, and the magic of choosing to do what’s right.
Perfect for fans of Percy Jackson or Lisa McMann’s the Unwanteds series.

Thanks so much to HarperCollins and Edelweiss! I haven't read the first Balance Keepers book - but I do like Lindsay Cummings! I was wondering if this one would arrive at my doorstep, I may just have to check it out!  

What did you guys get this week? 

5 comments:

Grace Fonseca said...

Your two books are completely new to me. They look like fantastic reads. Enjoy them.

Grace @ Books of Love

Eve said...

I haven't heard of either of these before now. I still haven't read Percy Jackson, OMG I'm so behind everyone lol. Great haul. My Stacking Shelves

vvb32 reads said...

Leaving Season looks like one that will have a tissue box moment. But sounds like it will turn out alright. Happy reading.

Ashley said...

THe Leaving Season sounds pretty good, I had not heard of it before.

My StS

Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

Unknown said...

Great post! I really like the sound of The Leaving Season, I'm going to add it to my wishlist now. I've just followed your blog on bloglovin' too so looking forward to reading more of you bookish posts. :)

Here's my post: https://rathertoofondofbooks.wordpress.com/2015/10/11/my-weekly-wrap-up-and-stacking-the-shelves/

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison