Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Top Ten Bookish Things I NEED To Quit


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

1.) DNF. 
"Did Not Finish" tends to be my most dreaded term. It makes me feel like a failure. However, my refusal to DNF books means I get behind and force myself to spend weeks on books I'm just not that into. I hope to come to a happy medium somewhere between forcing myself to finish and deciding that enough is enough. 


2.) Keeping Up. 
Most likely due to my refusal to DNF and power through, I end up horribly behind. Last month I had to add eight books to this month's list of books to read because I failed so much last month. 

It's like falling into a hole that just keeps getting bigger... 

3.) Know When Enough is Enough... 
I have a hard time wanting to request every awesome book that comes around. I buy so many awesome books, and then I request awesome books... and then more awesome books... 
I only request books I think I will love, but once I have requested them I feel indebted. My TBR list just keeps growing and growing and growing... 
It is easy to feel overwhelmed. 


4.) Enough Blogger Envy. 
I don't have bad Blogger envy, but it isn't hard to notice how wonderful everyone else seems to be at this. I see all of these great bloggers with awesome designs who can post daily and read five books a week... but that isn't me. I wish it was, but unfortunately I work and go to school full time. It has been confirmed that I don't have super powers, and osmosis of books does not work via pillow to brain transmission. 

This is something I don't always talk about, but I need to remember that I'm just me and that is okay. 

5.) Being Unsocial. 
As mentioned above, I do a lot of IRL stuff, so I'm often not on Twitter and talking to the community. But here's the thing... I REALLY want to be. I want to be a part of the Twitter-verse and talk to cool blog people, but it seems like I'm from the outside looking in. 

This is something that I would really love to change. I would love to have a blog distraction and conversations throughout my day. It would make me work/school life so much better! 

So... if you have a Twitter, talk to me! 








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison