Thursday, October 15, 2015

Let's Talk: Commitments and Failures


So, I'm really good at making commitments. 

I also totally suck. 

On the one hand, I officially finish my BA in English and minor in Comm in TWO MONTHS. 

On the other hand, I can't even finish the Hunger Games trilogy. 


I'm so bad about finishing series even when I love them, and I'm not sure if that's just because I have so many books and so little time, or maybe I just don't like finishing things...?

As a typical college student who works and what not, I struggle to maintain everything. I attempt to do a little bit of all the things, and I've lived my life this way for years. 

In between studying, homework, and life I'll write a blog post. I'll try to read for five minutes before I inevitably fall asleep. 

I write so much for school that I attempt to still keep some creative writing in my life, though admittedly this one is the hardest. 

My life for the past five years has been doing things in pieces.

I know that at times I'm not the most consistent blogger. I'm excited for a life where I can post more than just meme posts and reviews every week, and with school ending that life seems to be quickly approaching. 

What do you all think of commitments and inevitable failures? 

Are there any things that you're bad at finishing?

I'm often amazed by how other bloggers are able to maintain their reading lists, posts, etc... 

Hopefully when school is over, I will be granted to more reading time than I can imagine. :) 

Now back to midterms. 








2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't keep up with my posts either. I'm not in school (well grad school but not this semester) and it's not because I don't want to it's because I' tired, and sometimes I'd rather mindlessly watch Criminal Minds. I feel you. I want to commit, buuuuuuut, it doesn't always work that way. I feel your pain. And sometimes I don't finish series either. Never finished the last Delirium book.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I’m in grad school, and I usually end up writing blog posts late at night because that’s the only time I have to blog. I also tend to avoid series because I rarely finish them. If I do want to read a series, I wait until all of the books are out and then marathon them. I’m less likely to lose interest in a series if I have the next book in my hands.

Aj @ Read All The Things!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison