Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by: Carrie Ryan

The Forest of Hands and Teeth

by: Carrie Ryan

In Mary's world, there are simple truths. Now she must choose between her village and her future, between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded by so much death?

This book broke my heart.

I know, this isn't necessarily a bad thing - I mean it shows I was that involved in the story that it could break my heart, but it still wasn't a pleasant thing to have occur.

I love this book.

And I hate this book.

Both of these things are true, but I never realized how much of a fairy tale girl I am until I reached the end of this.

I never remember reading a book that enthralled me quite as much as this one did. I didn't put it down, and I was not willing to stand up until I had finished it in fear that moving would ruin the magic.

I hope you understand what I mean by saying I loved it and hated it. I did not despise it, I did not think it was poorly written, I did not feel it was lacking in anyway, but I did become disappointed with the end.

I read this book days ago, but I'm just now posting the review for a reason, I've been so unsure of it, and just so unsure of exactly how I felt. I've never had a book work up my emotions like this one, but I still remain blown away.

I think that's the important thing, the impact it ended up making on my feelings. I feel that is what made this book great.

I loved the Sisters, and the village and all of the secrets drove me crazy. The love was real and heartbreaking and made me just want to yell at the characters all of the time.

I highly recommend it to anyone.

Now I'm going to await the zombie apocalypse :)

It gets a 9.5

-Christina

3 comments:

sarah darlington said...

I feel ya on this one. I also loved and hated it.

Swimmer said...

Ok I was on the edge about reading this because it looked sad(which aparently it is) but now I have to read it I have been dieing(spell check?) for a book to really get to me latly because I have been so busy that I really need to get back into a consistant reading patern. Anyway, I think I will read it.

Thanks :)

Christina said...

Swimmer - Yes, I would deffinately tell you to read it, it does have a sad-ish ending, but I think that was part of what made it great. If you want a book that would keep you intrigued and in it, I think this could work, or maybe Going too Far by Jennifer Echols? I adored that book I know.

Sarah- Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison