Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shadow by: Jenny Moss

Shadow
by: Jenny Moss

In a time of kings, queens, and conspiracy, it's impossible to know whom one can trust. . . .


In a kingdom far away and long ago, it was prophesied at her birth that the queen would die before her sixteenth birthday. So Shadow, an orphan girl the same age as the young queen, was given the duty to watch her every move. And as prophesies do tend to come true, the queen is poisoned days before her birthday. When the castle is thrown into chaos, Shadow escapes with a young knight, whom she believes was betrothed to the queen.
Unsure of why she is following Sir Kenway, but determined to escape as far as possible from the castle, her long-time prison, Shadow sets off on an adventure with the handsome knight who has been charged with protecting her. As mystery builds, and romantic tension does, too, Shadow begins to wonder what her role in the kingdom truly is. Soon, she learns, it is up to her to save her land.

Review:

I am a fantasy fan, I can't explain it but it has something to do with my childhood dreams of secretly being a princess, but since those days stories like this one have made me unbelievably happy.

I love the character of Shadow and the plot and all of the subplots. I never knew what to expect and it constantly took me by surprise.

I found Sir Kenway to be quite amazing really, some of the conversations between him and Shadow made me laugh and I felt emotion which is always the most important thing when I read a book.

I felt all of it made sense as well which sometimes fantasy does take imaginative leaps that are hard for me to accept, sometimes things just happen that leave me saying, "Really now? How convenient..." but with Shadow I never got that feeling. Everything had a purpose and everything was believable.

Moss did an awesome job at creating this world, and this story. It reminds me of Graceling actually which is a huge compliment as I adore Graceling. That's the feeling I got while reading it, just with the way she created the world. The plot was completely different and the characters as well, but they were both obviously very well thought out.

I would recommend this books to fantasy fans, or those who are looking for a nice sweet romance.

It will be available April 1!

-Christina

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison