Sunday, September 27, 2015

The TBR Book Tag!


I was nominated by Functioning Insanity Reviews


How do you keep track of your TBR pile? 
This has changed throughout the years. I normally do a mixture of everything I have ever tried now (but hopefully I do it better!) 

I keep a list of all books I have requested because I love being able to physically mark the books off when they have been read, and because it is nice to visually see every book that I need to read. 

I also keep the dates of all of my requested books in a certain blank month view section of my planner. I list every book that needs to be reviewed that month in the "To Do" section and cross them off as I go. The ones that are left over get carried over to the next month's list. 

For books that I bought myself, those are pretty much always in an eternal "TBR" pile that may one day be touched... 

Is your TBR mostly print or e-book?
Mostly E-book. I used to say that I preferred physical books and I do think that is true to a degree... but I prefer to look at them on the shelf as a physical copy. As far as the act of reading goes I feel like reading on my Kindle is faster, it is easier (I don't have to hold a BOOK!), it has almost all of my review books already on it, and there is always a light. 

It's kind of a no brainer. 

How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
I read based on which book is coming out next. 

There are exceptions, sometimes I really don't feel like reading my third contemporary in a row, but normally I can stick to the general list pretty well and go based on date of release. 

I'm not exactly a mood reader, but I'm often battling between fantasy, contemporary, and historical fiction. Those genres are my favorite and normally my mood fits in with one of them more than the others. So, really it all just depends. 


A book that's been on your TBR list the longest?
Ha. As if I even know the answer to that question. 
When I started reviewing seven years ago I became obsessed with owning the books that everyone talked about. Now I have seven years worth of books that were all the rage and I don't even know where to begin. 

Recent books that I have bought though are The Winners Curse, Legend, The Red Queen, Scarlett, etc... 

A book on your TBR strictly because of the beautiful cover?
I really love the Splintered by A.G. Howard cover. It was striking and it made me look at the synopsis which sounded amazing! So, not purely the cover... but it was a large part of putting it on my radar. 


A book you recently added to your TBR?
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir -- Apparently it is amazing. I bought it recently and must read it... someday. 

A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading?
Anything that I bought in 2010. My reading tastes then were all over the place and if it sounded objectively interesting I was all over it. Now, I realize that I was setting myself up for failure with my choices. 

One day I will go through my bookshelves and make amends. One. Day. 

A book on your TBR that everyone has read but you?
The Red Queen. It seemed like for a good three months I couldn't go to any page without seeing it somewhere. I think it even invaded my personal Facebook with ads at one point. 

A book on your TBR that you're dying to read?
Red Queen, Ice Like Fire, The White Rose, Blackhearts, The Royal We, etc...

There are so many! 

An unpublished book on your TBR that you're excited for?
Ice Like Fire, The White Rose, Blackhearts, Newt's Emerald, DaVinci's Tiger, etc... 

A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you?

An Ember in the Ashes and Throne of Glass. I need to get on those ASAP!  

How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?

I only sporadically put everything on Goodreads, so don't take it as a true estimate... but it is currently at 164. There are probably even more than that though which is truly sad. 

My Nominations:

The Book Vortex! Pure Imagination! 

1 comments:

Eve said...

Yay! I'm glad you got to do it. I agree physical books are beautiful to be on the shelf and sometimes ebooks are easier, they sure are lighter lol. Still I find when I want to re-read or skim a book I've read and loved for a scene that just makes me laugh I always go to my physical books.

I do highly recommend Throne of Glass and An Ember in the Ashes both series are amazing!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison