Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine


This week I can't wait for... 



Release Date: November 10, 2015

Young, beautiful, and witty, Ginevra de’ Benci longs to take part in the artistic ferment of Renaissance Florence. But as the daughter of a wealthy family in a society dictated by men, she is trapped in an arranged marriage, expected to limit her creativity to domestic duties. Her poetry reveals her deepest feelings, and she aches to share her work, to meet painters and sculptors mentored by the famed Lorenzo de Medici, and to find love.
When the charismatic Venetian ambassador, Bernardo Bembo, arrives in Florence, he introduces Ginevra to a dazzling circle of patrons, artists, and philosophers—a world of thought and conversation she has yearned for. She is instantly attracted to the handsome newcomer, who admires her mind as well as her beauty. Yet Ginevra remains conflicted about his attentions. Choosing her as his Platonic muse, Bembo commissions a portrait by a young Leonardo da Vinci. Posing for the brilliant painter inspires an intimate connection between them—one Ginevra can only begin to understand. In a rich and enthralling world of exquisite art, elaborate feasts, and exhilarating jousts, she faces many temptations to discover her voice, artistic companionship, and a love that defies categorization. In the end, she and Leonardo are caught up in a dangerous and deadly battle between powerful families.

This one looks absolutely amazing to me. I almost can't handle how many elements that I love are mentioned! History! Love! Art! I need it now. Right now.  

What are you guys waiting on this week? 

12 comments:

Perpetual New Girl said...

Oh wow... I've not heard of this book and it's beautiful. Happy Reading! ~Beth @ Perpetual New Girl

CraftyOtakuReader said...

Hmm...I'm not sure about this one. I hope you like it, though.

Check out my WoW - http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/06/waiting-on-wednesday-song-of-david-by.html

Anonymous said...

Nice pick. I have this one on my wishlist. Can't wait to get it.

Unknown said...

Wow. Haha, Da Vinci sounds so hot in this book. Wanna read it now too.
Waiting on Wednesday

Unknown said...

The cover is absolutely stunning, I wish I'll have a chance to read this :)

Verushka said...

As I began reading I thought she might be the Mona Lisa,but she's something else altogether to him, right? Here's mine http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/06/17/waiting-on-wednesday-the-whispering-skull/

iLuvReadingTooMuch said...

I just downloaded this one! It sounds so good–I love learning about art history :D Great WoW pick!!

Unknown said...

Haven't heard of this one but it sounds really good! Definitely going onto my TBR :) Hope you enjoy and Happy Reading

New Follower!

Erica @ Read It. Note It.
My WoW List!

Krystianna said...

Great choice! This one sounds really great. I hope you have an awesome week!
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

I Was Angelized_1st said...

This one sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy it!

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

(Had to delete previous post. So many typos! LOL) This is such an amazing cover, and what an intriguing title! I hadn't seen this yet, thanks so much for sharing! :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison