Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vampire Academy Series by: Richelle Mead Mini Reviews

Since there are so many books in the Vampire Academy series I decided to just do a mini review for the first four books, and then post a real lengthy review for Spirit Bound tomorrow.

Vampire Academy
by: Richelle Mead

I began reading this book because my friend kept telling me just how amazing it was and she knew I would love them, but it was a vampire book. So I was stubborn for a while. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate vampire books at all, I just think they've gotten crazy out of hand recently and I thought it would be the typical vampire book.

But I am pleased to say I was wrong.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it.
I think what I really liked about this first book was that Richelle definitely didn't play around. From the very first page action is happening and you're just instantly pulled into it, and it's not just vampires and humans, no, she creates a completely different world.

And Dimitri, *insert swoon here* can I just say that I want one?

It's a fantastic start to a fantastic series. So read it.

Frostbite
by: Richelle Mead

Frostbite picks up exactly where Vampire Academy leaves off which makes for a page turner right from the beginning. The trouble in the last book may be resolved but there are more things to come as Lisa and Rose make it through their school year.

What I like most about Frostbite is how the relationships evolve and change through the book, in particular that of Rose and Dimitri. In this book their relationship takes on a different dimension that was left out of Vampire Academy, one that feels more real and lasting. The jealousy and tension there really hooks you into the feelings and leaves you engulfed in the story.


Shadow Kiss
by: Richelle Mead

I Love Shadow kiss, I really do. I applaud Mead for her effortless story telling and her unpredictability throughout this series, and that really comes shining through in this installment. Rose has grown as a student in this book and she has grown as a future guardian, but still this book really ripped my heart out and threw it in a blender.
I'm glad though, I don't think I'd love these books half as much if I actually knew what to expect. I love how unpredictable they are and I love how Mead has managed to really render me speechless while reading these pages.

The ending is one you don't see coming, but never read ahead and ruin the magic, at least not when were talking about Richelle Mead.

Blood Promise
by: Richelle Mead

What I really love about this installment was it took place outside of the Academy. Rose travels to Russia and adds so many interesting characters to the story. I liked seeing her in this different setting and while I don't want to give anything away this book was different as Rose is away but it's no less amazing.
This book just added so much story through the plot and the journey it takes you on. It amazes me how much Rose has grown throughout the books and you really see what's important to her in this book as she grows as a person.
I didn't want this book to end and it was heart wrenching at times, but the ending kept me guessing and left me salivating for Spirit Bound.

My review of Spirit Bound will be posted tomorrow.
-Christina

1 comments:

Jillian said...

Hi, this is Jillian from Random Ramblings. I am trying to contact all the blog's followers.. if you could please read my latest post about the blog's technical problems, I'd greatly appreciate it. You can read the post right here. Thank you so very much!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison