Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Difficulties of Writing or HELP


I have been working on and off on this storyline since early 2007, and it was completely different in the beginning, my first draft is absolutely nothing like how I have it now but I can't seem to get started on this rewrite. Granted, it's quite different, almost unrecognizable but this storyline is so much more fun than my last one! I should be excited and rolling with this thing! haha

I was fifteen writing my first draft which was my first novel, I wrote the first 150 pages in a month. I thought I was brilliant and it's just not coming anymore.
I don't know what's wrong with me.

I know the story, I know what I want to happen, and I'm thinking about it constantly I just can't seem to get started. Writing for me right now is sitting in front of my computer staring at a blank word page.

I don't know what to do. I can't even read because of this, I just find myself too busy analyzing how the author made their book work. It's exhausting... I just want to write 2000 words a day. That's all I ask. I'll settle for 1000, even 500!
It's summer and I'm wasting it being pathetic. I need help, and I don't even know on what. Maybe this is extreme writers block? I don't know. I know I can write, I've had three years of it. I just need the creative bug to come up and find me.

If anyone has any writing advice or tips that would be amazing. The thing I'm working on (or not working on...) is fantasy and I'm having a really difficult time on starting. I have my outline and my characters in front of my face. *sigh*

I don't get it. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 comments:

Witless Exposition said...

I'm not sure if this is any help, but maybe just try writing a scene that takes place in the middle or even the end. With fantasy, there's usually a lot of exposition in the beginning, so it might not be the most fun to write.

Maybe something action-y to get the juices going?

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison