Sunday, April 5, 2009

Violet on the Runway by: Melissa Walker



Ahh so I did this last night, but my mom's internet Sucks and I got kicked off right as I tried to post it - which made me lose EVERYTHING! So, I must do it again...ahhh.





Violet on the Runway
by: Melissa Walker


A wallflower in the spotlight can do one of two things: wilt, or blossom...
Violet Greenfield's life changes forever when a lady in giant Chanel shades tells her she could be IT, the next Kate Moss-but taller, and without the PR problems. That's how Violet winds up with a business card in the front pocket of her jeans on her first day as a senior in high school. Angela Blythe from Tryst Models in New York City wants to put Violet on a plane and whisk her into the world of high-heeled boots and oversized sunglasses. Tall, skinny Violet, who's been P-L-A-I-N practically forever.
And guess what? She's going.

From Me:

Okay so reading this book, I didn't know what to expect. I don't read books about models - ever. I just don't do it my books are more like life, something I can normally relate to. So I usually steer clear of books like Gossip Girl and the Private series. Drama doesn't suit me, so I just don't don't get into it, but I am happy to say (as I've been saying alot recently) I was proved wrong.

This book was not at all what I expected. I expected a fairy tale like story about a Plain girl who suddenly got all she ever wanted, but I got nothing of the sort and got so much more.

This book went far deeper into the modeling life then I expected and I loved that aspect. It did not glamorize the "fabulous life" but rather ripped the rose colored glasses off and showed it's dirty laundry.

I love the characters in the book as well (particularly Roger as he reminds me of a friend of mine) and her crazy agent Angela as she was precisely what I expect from a person in that industry.

Alas though, I didn't approve of her boy choices, and think she could do so much better (*cough* Roger maybe? Am I on to something? lol) but that kind of thing I think comes with the territory. She gets thrown into the limelight so of course she gets "that guy" it's expected.

I loved the story, and can't wait to read the next two, I am really excited to know where exactly Violet is heading next :]

I give it a 9.

-Christina! :]

2 comments:

Melissa Walker said...

Thank you, Christina! I'm glad the book surprised you. So nice to hear!

Bookworm said...

I love this book! It was well-written, sweet, and quickly paced. Can't wait to start no. 2! (:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison