Monday, February 16, 2009

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

The Truth About Forever
by: Sarah Dessen


The book The Truth About Forever is one of those rare books that take you from the very first page and forces you to love the characters and care about the outcome of the story. The writing is personal and in some cases beautiful and the characters feel real and by the end are more like your friends then fiction.


The book takes place, as most of Dessen's books do in her classic area based on her home town in North Carolina. For those who have read Dessen before they may recognize some places and common themes in the book.


The book's focus is this girl named Macy who struggles with perfection and has recently had to deal with the death of her father. The book opens up with Macy packing with her close to perfect boyfriend Jason who is going off too what she calls "Brain Camp" for the summer. We see from early on that Macy is a very complex character but she struggles not to be. She has feelings and issues that she hides and overall has a need to be perfect, and this need to be and feel perfect is a main theme throughout the book.


But what happens when Macy begins to feel the weight of perfection? When she joins the Wish cattering group and starts spending time with Wes, who finds flaws good rather then bad she finally begins to see what she's missing from life and discover the person who she has been trying to become.


Its an exceptional book that will not be forgotten easily.
It remains to be a book that I find myself looking for and constantly wanting to read certain sections over and over. On a scale from one to ten. It is a perfect 10.


It is available at most books stores (including Wal-Mart) and online at Amazon.com

7 comments:

nadine said...

This was the one that got me started on Sarah Dessen

Ashley said...

One of my favs, for sure.

Christina said...

Yeah I'd have to say this book is probably one of my favorites of all time.

Anonymous said...

I Love all your books! This was the first one I read by you and got completely addicted!

Anonymous said...

What is the name of the development Macy lived in??? (need to know crazy details like this for book report) :p

Anonymous said...

Nevermind my above comment!!! I found it mentioned somewhere, it's Wildflower Ridge.:)

Sverige said...

I love her books a lot. She is such a good writer, and her stories are captivating. When I had to do a book project for my english class, I found this book and read the summary. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. I love Macy and all of her friends. I think this story has a good lesson tucked inside of it also.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison