Monday, February 23, 2009

Fairest of them All by: Jan Blazanin



Fairest of them All

by: Jan Blazanin

(Due out April 21, 2009)

If life were a fairy tale, Oribella Bettencourt would have a "happily ever after" kind of future ahead of her. A Hollywood producer has come to Des Moines in search of a perfectly modern Princess Rapunzel, and Ori -- a model, dancer, and star of the beauty pageant circuit -- lands the part. And why shouldn't she? With her hardworking, self-sacrificing mother guiding her career, Ori is stunning, dedicated, poised...and then there's her hair. Breathtakingly lustrous blond hair that sets her apart from all the other girls at school. So what if she doesn't have any friends her age, or anyone to talk to other than her mother? She's on the verge of having everything she's ever dreamed of.But in this fairy tale, the beautiful princess wakes up to her worst nightmare -- when almost overnight, Ori begins to lose her hair....

My Review:

So I completed this book about two minutes ago and I have to say - it took me on a ride. Everything about it, from the very first page I was captured in the story, I wanted to know what was going to happen, and I needed to know what was wrong with her.

Why was her hair falling out?

That's all I really cared about, and once I found that out - and everything changed, I couldn't help but go through it with Ori as she dealt with it, and I couldn't help but have a significant hatred for all movie studio's afterward.

But this book really is a weird one for me. Normally I don't read books without a smidge of romance - it's just something with me, but I enjoyed this one. It was just about teenage life, and the struggles some teen's face.

Ori came into herself during this book. She had the chance to be a teen through her ordeal. She made friends and by the end of the book she had grown. Those are the types of stories I enjoy, and this one - I recommend :]

I give it a 9.0.

Watch out for this author, I have a feeling she's going to be great. Her writing style is quite enjoyable.

*Now what should I read now?

Shrinking Violet?

The Blood Confession?

Her Notorious Viscount?

Perfect You?

Or

Wake?

Please leave a comment with what you think. I'm struggling to decide :]

Thanks! -Christina <3

2 comments:

JC said...

I vote Perfect You.

Anonymous said...

I read Fairest Of Them All, too and I absolutely loved it. And, I am 40 yrs old and not often found with a YA novel in my hand. Highly, highly recommended.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison