Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Scribbler of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson (1 of many blogs today :] )

Alright so I'm anticipating my first books to come in the mail...I'm super excited about exactly what will be in my mailbox, as I'm not entirely sure but look forward to that.

Also Cheryl Renee Herbsman (author of the upcoming "Breathing" which looks absolutely amazing!) And Suzanne Selfors (author of Saving Juliet, Fortunes Magic Farm, To Catch a Mermaide, and the upcoming Coffeehouse Angel, which may be in my mailbox soon...) have both agreed to do an interview with me in the upcoming months.

Having that said. If there anything you want them to be asked, just e-mail me or leave a comment with the question and it will be added to my list :]

Thank you!

Scribbler of Dreams
by: Mary E. Pearson


From Amazon:
It's the Crutchfields v. the Malones in this lush Romeo and Juliet story about two related California families that have hated each other for generations, even though (or perhaps because) they own adjacent tracks of ocean-view land. Like the rest of her family, 17-year-old Kait Malone blames the Crutchfields for everything, particularly now that her father's in jail for killing Robert Crutchfield in what the Malones claim was an accident. Money is short, because the Malones refuse to sell any of their land, so Kait and her sister must transfer to the public high school under assumed names. And then the unthinkable happens: Kait falls head over heels in love with a beautiful boy named Bram--who turns out to be a Crutchfield. As their romance deepens, Kait's lies about her identity grow ever more complicated. She clings to her conviction that the Crutchfields are monsters--except for Bram--although this belief grows harder and harder to sustain as she meets his family. When Bram's mother loans her the crumbling journals of one of the two sisters who began the feud, Kait finds the truth is a source of compassion. Yet she still postpones her revelation to Bram, as tension builds and the situation finally escalates out of her control. But all ends well, and teen romantics will heave a satisfied sigh at the happily-ever-after ending. (Ages 12 and older) --Patty Campbell --This text refers to the Hardcover edition
Review:

Romeo and Juliet anybody? For those of you who are like me and love all things related to this classic tale of tragic love, The Scribbler of Dreams is for you.

This story is based around this one thing - the two familys, the Crutchfields and the Malones hate eachother. Thats how things have been - and that's how they will remain to be, or at least that's how it seems until Kait Malone, and Bram Crutchfield meet.

It's an unlikely pair Kait's father being in jail for murdering Bram's father and the simple fact that their family's are sworn enemies....so what does Kait do? She keeps those details a secret. What Bram doesn't know wont hurt him right? No.

But when Kait falls in love with Bram, and he falls in love with her, she see's no way around it. If she tells who she really is, he'll hate her, and that is something she is NOT willing to let happen.
This book takes you on a whirlwind of emotion. While I read it I was constantly fighting the urge to skip to the end, just to see and reassure myself it did have a happy ending - but I'm so glad I didn't.

The fight for the end was worth it, for every twist and turn that went against this couple it was worth it - but saying anything more would be giving it away.
This book is a Deffinate 10!

This book is available at all major book sellers I think (Books-A-Million, Barnes and Noble, etc)
And of course Amazon.com :]
Review by Christina :]

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I looooooooooove this book!!! Amazing. I like this cover better than the one I've seen.

Christina said...

Yeah, I saw the other one as well, didn't it have like a necklace on it or something? I don't know. But this is the one I have and I love it. I was surprised when I saw the other at the bookstore one day.

nadine said...

Ohh. This one sounds good.

Anonymous said...

its a great book!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do
it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. many thanks

Also visit my web page :: quantrim buy

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison