Thursday, July 3, 2014

Feature Follow Friday- My Favorite Picture Books!

Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read!

This week's question... 

What are your favorite Picture Books?

Well, I'm glad you asked!

I'm one of those people who loves picture books still to this day. I don't know what it is about them, they're just fantastic. They are a short little trip into a wonderfully magical place and here are some of the best of the best - in my opinion anyway...

One.
The brave good bugs march off to save the garden. First, they must fight the evil Spider Queen before summoning the Leaf Men to save the day... But what about the mystery of the Long-Lost Toy? Here is ancient elfin magic, epic adventure, and a bugle salute to the power of memory, loyalty and love as resounding as Robin Hood's call to his Merry Men!

*I loved this one as a kid and still to this day find it amazing. 




Two.

Nursery magic is very strange and wonderful, and only those playthings that are old and wise and experienced like the Skin Horse understand all about it.

Like the Skin Horse, Margery Williams understood how toys--and people--become real through the wisdom and experience of love. This reissue of a favorite classic, with the original story and illustrations as they first appeared in 1922, will work its magic for all who read it.

*This is one of those stories I think everyone loves and it is well deserved. It's a masterpiece then and now.  




Three.

The story of Dewey the celebrated library cat is now available for the youngest of readers in this new, fully-illustrated picture book adventure.

When Librarian Vicki Myron finds a young kitten abandoned in the Spencer Library return box, she nurses him back to health, deciding then and there that he will be their library cat, and naming him, appropriately, Dewey Readmore Books. Dewey loves his new home, but once he discovers the littlest library visitors-who like to chase him, pull his tail, and squeeze him extra tight-Dewey begins to wonder if he's truly cut out for the demands of his new job. In the end, he is triumphant as he realizes that helping people big and small is what he is meant to do, and that by sharing his special brand of Dewey love, he can be the best library cat of all.
 *Dewey! This was a recent find but I love all cat things, let's be real. This one was sure to be a hit.  


Four.
New York Times bestseller and fan favorite Judy Schachner presents a warmly affectionate portrait of a family’s devotion to their beloved cat.

Tink has everything he ever wanted � delicious treats, hugs and kisses, and even a kitten to raise. The only thing missing is wild outdoor adventure. So when the opportunity arises, Tink sneaks out � and becomes an outdoor cat for one unforgettable night.

Like cozy favorites such as Clare Turlay Newberry's Marshmallow and Mo Willems' City Dog, Country Frog, and with soft, meltingly tender illustrations that match the poignant tale, Judy Schachner proves what a superlative storyteller she is with this loving family story.

*Another cat book, because they're the best! This is also a recent find that I fell in love with. 

Five.

This is a collection of all the Beatrix Potter stories featuring Peter Rabbit so that his escapades can be followed as a continuous saga. It includes The Tale of Peter Rabbit, The Tale of Benjamin Bunny, The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies and The Tale of Mr Tod.

*No list is complete without Peter Rabbit! I love him just as much now as I did as a child. 





What are some of your favorites?

If you happen to follow me, let me know so I can return the favor! 

Have fun hopping!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I lovew Dewey...! :)
MY FF
christine @ Bibliophilic Madness

Juli Rahel said...

The Velveteen Rabbit is one of those books I know about but don't think I ever read! I do love picture books but now more in a nostalgic way, almost! Also, Peter Rabbit is adorable! I'm a new Bloglovin' follower! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
My Friday post
Juli @ Universe in Words

Kristen said...

Peter Rabbit is great. You must like rabbits a lot!
Happy Follow Friday!
Keep sharing.
Kelsey @OCA

KatCho said...

You picked some classics, I love it. I remember being a little kid and buying a little velveteen rabbit to go along with my book.

Kat @ Books Are Bread

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison