Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

Talon 
by Julie Kagawa
 Releases: October 28, 2014
Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.

 I don't think there is a single person around who isn't dying to get this book!  Julie Kagawa LOVES dragons and she is writing about dragons. Just LOOK at that cover! SCALES!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

DRAGONS! I haven't read any of Julie Kagawa's books yet, but I don't know if I can pass this one up. Because DRAGONS!

Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

Shay(The Story Goes...) said...

I've seen this book everywhere recently! I can't wait for it simply because I love dragons =)
My WoW

Obsession with Books said...

I am a HUGE fan of JK so I'm super excited for this one as well, the cover is gorgeous!

A nice WoW! Sharon - Obsession with Books

Unknown said...

I can't wait for this either! :)

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Awesome pick. Love books about dragons and haven't read many so I'm on the look out for this one :)

Happy Wednesday :)

Shane @ Itching for Books

Unknown said...

I haven't read many with Dragons, and I wouldn't go out of my way to find one, but this is Julie Kagawa we're talking about, so yes. :)

Here's mine

Kirsty @ StudioReads

Unknown said...

Who doesn't love Dragons? Can't wait to check this out.
www.theyaclub.com

Krystianna said...

I'm excited for this one as well! I loved The Immortal Rules, so I'm excited to read anything else by Julie Kagawa. I really have to read the Iron Fey books!
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

Daphne said...

Julie Kagawa is one of my favorite authors. Dragons are my favorite creature to read about. This book is a dream come true! xD

New GFC follower!
Here's my WoW.

Micheline said...

I LOVE DRAGONS TOO! And I agree, I think everyone and their dog is excited about Talon :D Hopefully we can all dive into it's awesomeness asap! Oh and it's just SO PRETTY ♥ Awesome pick ^^

Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows Reviews

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison