Sunday, June 8, 2014

Book Breakups #1

Book Breakups is a feature at Pure Imagination

I can't love everything, and this is me coming to terms with leaving these books be. 

These are the titles where I find my mind wandering, it's taking me days to get to page 100, and whatever my cats are doing in the background becomes much more interesting than the page I'm on. 

These are those titles I just couldn't finish.


by H.A. Swain

I have heard mixed things about this title, but I'm one of those crazy people who actually really loved the premise of it. The idea of a world without food doesn't seem that crazy and I was excited to see what was in store for me. 

Unfortunately, around page forty I just wasn't excited to read anymore. The main character's last name is Apple, her best friend's name is Basil - and for whatever reason that really bothered me. In a world without food, why would food references be everywhere? I understand that it could be a call to the past or whatever - but that's going incredibly deep. 

In the end, it just wasn't for me.

If you're a fan of original dystopia with a lot of interesting technology and a new vision of what a new world could look like than this book is for you. 



by Lauren Sabel

 
 I started off really loving this book, but around Mexico I lost it.

 It started moving very fast and I
wasn't even sure what was going on anymore. As a celebrity I felt Vivian was given way too much free reign - especially if someone was out to kill her. I was confused for the most part, what stared off as intrigue and curiosity transferred into confusion way too quickly.

I was really excited about this book, but in the end it just wasn't for me.






by Jennifer Echols

I love Jennifer Echols. I really love Jennifer Echols, which is why this one is so sad for me. 

This book had all the makings of one I would LOVE. I live in Tennessee, a significant portion of my life has been spent in or around Nashville, I grew up loving country music. I know country music (the classics at least) but sadly, I just couldn't get through this book. 

A huge problem I had was Sam. I felt like he was a jerk. Even when I barely knew him I thought he was a jerk and it never made sense for Bailey to like him.

It made me sad to see their interactions because he seemed like a constant manipulator. I love Jennifer Echols and Going Too Far will be among my favorite titles forever, but unfortunately this one just wasn't for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison