Thursday, December 2, 2010

Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday!!

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books!


This Week's Question:
What hyped about book did you not enjoy?

My Answer:
The first one to come to mind was Fallen by Lauren Kate, it just didn't work for me for whatever reason. There's not really many though that I haven't enjoyed, I am a reader who is very easily pleased. I didn't necessarily enjoy writing my review for Fallen but I was honest. We just weren't meant to be book friends.


Follow Friday is hosted by the awesome Parajunkee at Parajunkee's" View

This Week's Question:
What do you do besides reading/reviewing as a hobby?

My Answer:
Great question! It's almost hard for me to think of a hobby I do outside of reading and blogging honestly... because that's really the main thing I do in my spare time. I guess when I'm not blogging I'm writing, crocheting, or doing something with friends. My biggest hobby is still definitly reading though, I get grumpy if I don't get reading time. I actually give up quite a bit of sleep to guarantee I have my reading time. :)

16 comments:

Bellamay said...

Haha same here whenever I don't have a book I get either cranky or I feel lost :)never tried crocheting only everyonce in a while knitting..is it easier?and I followed you :)

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I'd like to learn to crochet. I knit, but I've never crocheted.
My Hop

Unknown said...

Following through Follow friday! Return the favor?

http://moonlightgleam.blogspot.com

Jen Bigheart said...

Oh, I didn't like Fallen either. There were so many holes in that book. I hear Torment is a lot better. Not sure if I will give it a go...

Hope you come by and see my answer!

Zoƫ said...

your hobbies sound exactly like mine! just replace crocheting (which I really want to learn) with knitting, which I am just barely learning now :)

In The Next Room

Bella said...

Hi, just hopping by. The first book I thought of that I didn't really like was Fallen too... But, I have read Torment, and it's so much better! =]
New follower!
Bella
www.cheezyfeetbooks.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have Fallen on my TBR and the reviews I'm reading are so mixed. I probably wouldn't have even picked it up if not for that lovely cover

Happy weekend! :)

Yvonne said...

Hopping through...happy Friday! I never read Fallen.

http://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Aimee said...

I'm with you! I'm easily pleased by books, but rarely amazed or blown away by a book. I liked Fallen, but it didn't blow me away. I'm already a follower. My Hop is at Coffee Table Press

Mary Grace said...

It is always a must to be honest in reviews regardless of how they came out. Beautiful Creatures is in my list to buy and am definitely curious though I heard great things about the series. Now it really shows that everything depends on a person preference in books.

Dropping by from the hop. Visit me at Clandestine Sanctuary to know my answer. I am already a follower. :)

Have a great weekend.

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I also had trouble coming up with a hobby outside of reading-it's my favorite thing to do!

My Hop

Barb said...

Hi There!
I'm your newest follower! First time visitor - I've followed you here from the hop! Drop by my blog and say hi!

pussreboots said...

Fallen seems to be a popular answer this week. I haven't read it.

My tastes are so eclectic I'm not usually reading popular fiction while it's still popular. You can my full answer here. Happy Blog Hop.

Howard Sherman said...

I love it! A question pertaining something other than books! Here's the
short list of what I'm doing when I'm not reading:

Cooking, gaming, gambling, drinking, smoking, golfing and sometimes even
watching TV.

I expound on all of the above at my blog. Follow me here -
http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Zakiya LadyWings said...

I, too, am an easily pleased reader. I have read quite a few blogs today saying that they didn't really enjoy it either. I REALLY need to read that novel! New Follower!

Happy Reading,
Zakiya @ Butterfly Feet Walking on Books

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

I haven't read fallen yet, but I have on my shelf.
Have a good weekend!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison