Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

This weeks title looks amazing! It's like all the elements of perfection rolled themselves into one binding. This one is explained as based on Jane Austen/Georgette Heyer with a fantasy twist. The very mention of Georgette Heyer (as she is so often forgotten) makes me want it. Plus, look at that cover! 

Check it out! 

Release Date: November 29, 2015


After the Newington Emerald is stolen at the height of a conjured storm, eighteen year-old Lady Truthful Newington goes to London to search for the magical heirloom of her house. But as no well-bred young lady can hunt the metropolis for a stolen jewel, she has to disguise herself as a man, and is soon caught up in a dangerous adventure where she must risk her life, her reputation... and her heart. 
Balancing twin roles as a young lady coming out in her first season and as an intrepid young man up against an evil sorceress isn’t easy, but Truthful has to manage it. Her father’s life and even the fate of England may depend upon her recovering the Newington Emerald!

What are you guys waiting on this week? 

3 comments:

My Thoughts.... Literally! said...

Good choice! I haven't read any books by Garth Nix yet but this one sounds really interesting. I love Historical Mysteries like this.
Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

Micheline said...

This sounds amazing^^ I still need to read the books I own by Garth Nix but I've heard wonderful things so I will definitely be checking out this one too! Happy reading! x

Maria Behar said...

I can't believe I haven't heard of this book! I want it already!! The plot sure sounds like a very intriguing mix of genres. Also, I LOVE reading about strong heroines, who take matters into their own hands!

Thanks for "feeding" my Goodreads TBR shelves!! : )

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison