Monday, September 8, 2014

Losing It by Cora Carmack

Title: Losing It
Author: Cora Carmack
Publisher: William Morrow
Source: Bought

Virginity.
Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren’t embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. 
She’d left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

This is one of those Kindle $1.99 deals that got me. I have seen this title floating around in the wild for awhile, and it always looked interesting. The cover was always a bit out there for me, and I wasn't sure how I felt about carrying it around with me everywhere I went for days at a time - so when the kindle deal came about I snatched it up.

All in all it was okay, though I wasn't amazed by it. The character of Bliss really fell flat for me, I didn't feel very much life or vivacity from her at all. She was a theater major who was just kind of - blah. She had a bit of "Bella Swan syndrome" where she was just an ordinary girl but was secretly very special. At one point she wants to stage manage, but then lo and behold, she's a fantastic actress!

That rubbed me the wrong way, and there were some other moments where I felt some major insta-love. Once we realize who her professor is, there is obviously some crazy feelings, but I felt that the recovery from one emotion to the other was a bit fast and had my mind spinning. I'm in college... and I don't think that's how it works... at least not at my school.

There were a couple times when I felt her professor man should have acted more adult, and maybe that just means I'm secretly 86 and no longer in my prime. Who knows?

I almost put this one down a few times, but I kept powering through. I did read it in bits and pieces over the course of a couple months, so maybe that helped add to my overall feelings. However, if I was in love there would have been no putting it down.

I really enjoyed Cora Carmack's ALL LINED UP, and had high hopes for this one, but it didn't wow me like that one did. Guess I'll be sticking to the new series.

I know most people loved this one, and if you did, I would love to hear what you thought!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison