Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Miss Delacourt Has Her Day by Heidi Ashworth

Date Released: February 4, 2011
Publisher: Avalon
Rating: 5 keys
Source: From Author for Review.
ISBN:
978-0803477162

Description:

Ginny Delacourt felt the course of true love could not have run smoother. After all, it required only a fortnight, a pair of highwaymen, a pox quarantine, a sham betrothal, and a masquerade ball to bring Sir Anthony up to snuff. When her beloved suddenly becomes the heir to his uncle, the Duke of Marcross, protocol dictates that he drop the "Sir" from his name. It's his uncle who insists Ginny, daughter of a lowly vicar, is not the proper bride for a future duke.


Lucinda and Lord Avery arrive on the scene to stir up trouble, and Ginny's normally manipulative Grandaunt Regina seems helpless to arrange anything, least of all a frowned-upon wedding. It's up to Anthony, with help from his fussy valet, to see to it that Ginny has her day.
The road to true love just got a little bumpier.

Review:

Those of you who have followed me for awhile know all about my secret obsession with Regency Romances. I flock to them when given the opportunity because a huge small part of me loves the idea of the dances, the dresses, the perfect gentlemen... what is not to love?


I came across Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind by Heidi Ashworth around two years ago, you can read my review here. I loved it then, and when I heard there would be a sequel I couldn't repress my excitement (because honestly, who doesn't want to read an awesome regency when given the chance?)

The sequel to Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind, the book I swooned over two years ago definitely did not disappoint. This book did not suffer the curse of the sequel and it held my attention with the perfect amount of drama and humor to keep me fervently flipping the pages.

There are times in both books where I find myself laughing out loud, this book is filled with what I love to find in a regency romance. It's full of errors and missteps and moments where you can't help but giggle at the characters.

I loved watching the characters develop, they changed throughout this book I believe more than they did in the first installment and I enjoyed watching their development as they ran through the hurtles that faced them.

If you enjoy regency romances, humor, or are just yearning for a well developed and well plotted story you cannot miss this series!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Ah, this makes me smile from ear to ear! Thanks so much, Christina!

LisAway said...

This sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to get my copy!

Lori said...

Ahhhh!!! Are you back!?!? :D

Anyway, this books sounds great!!

Carrie E Rundhaug said...

This book sounds so good as well as the prequel! I just added them both to my TBR list!!

Jillian said...

What a pretty cover. Sounds good too!

Linda said...

Could you please review any Frances Rivers book??? Thanks!

Mandie said...

This sounds like a book I would love! I will have to check it out! Thanks for sharing the great review!

New follower :)

Mandie
http://enchantedpages.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison