Friday, May 21, 2010

My Reading Habits..

I've been seeing this a lot and it seemed intriguing so here are my reading habits. :)

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack:
No, I can't say I snack while I read. I'm not a big snacker in general, but I just hate losing my place in a book so I feel that looking to grab a snack (I'm quite uncoordinated) would just leave me angry when I can't find the sentence again.

What is your favorite drink while reading?
I LOVE coffee but I never drink it in the morning, partly because when I'm up super early I'm busy doing everything else. A good Coke is always amazing, and sweet tea is perfect for hot summer days (as I enjoy reading outside), but coffee will always be my favorite.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
This is something that surprisingly enough actually angers people about me but yes, I mark in my books all the time and I feel no shame. I feel like I'm getting the full value of the book by marking my favorite parts or underlining amazing quotes, it's just what I do and will continue to do because it's always easy when searching for something and reliving the magic. :)

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
I prefer bookmarks, as dog-ears kind of annoy me. If I am forced to dog-ear though I do the smallest corner you've ever seen. lol

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
I prefer fiction, but then I also love history so give me a biography on Anne Frank or someone I'm interested in and I'm in heaven.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I can stop anywhere, it doesn't matter if it's at the end of a chapter or not. I prefer to stop at the top of a page though, just to make it easier.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
Yes, but never enough to damage the book, but if the ending is not a good one, or doesn't make sense then I won't like the book anyway.
I'm a sucker for a happy ending. :)

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
I don't remember the last time I didn't know what a word meant, but no. I would wait and if I couldn't figure it out I'd check google.

What are you currently reading?
Vampire Academy by: Richelle Mead

What is the last book you bought?
Vampire Academy Series by: Richelle Mead

Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
I can but I don't really enjoy it. I normally end up liking one more than another so I end up devouring it and leaving the other one partially read forever.

Do you have a favorite time/place to read?
Outside late at night or at Panera Bread or a coffee shop.

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
I like both but it really depends. Stand alones are nice but I also love the depth of the characters you get with series, but also with series things change and you see more time so what you want has more possibility of not working out.

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
Sarah Dessen - everything by her I LOVE. The Study Series by Maria V. Snyder, Going Too Far by: Jennifer Echols, Graceling by: Kristin Cashore and so many more...

How do you organize your books?
Very carefully. I have a lot of books, I've been building up my library for years so I do it by author, and I'm trying to start doing it by genre but that'll take time as I have made everything fit on it currently and that was no easy task. I have two up to the ceiling book cases that are just jam packed with all that I have acquired over the years and eventually I'll organize them how I want, but for now it'll do.

1 comments:

JC said...

I love books/reading too. I have just recently started to part with some due to lack of space, but still have all of my sweet valley twins from elementary/middle school. :) Enjoy your new books!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison