Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Historical Settings I Love!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


The right setting can add a lot of dimension and beauty to a plot. I am a huge fan of the complexities a setting can add to a story, and I'm an even bigger fan of fantastic and historical settings. 

Here are a few of the settings I long to see more of! 


1.) Historic Rome: Though, historical accuracy is always a bit of a hard one with this setting, I would love to see more of it out there. I want to read a book set in Rome for all of the rich details. For centuries Rome was essentially the western world's epicenter --- think of all you can do with that! 

2.) Tudor England: I love it. When I was in high school I became obsessed with King Henry VIII after reading Philippa Gregory. I was convinced that Henry was the most misunderstood monarch ever, and I loved the complexities of his choices and their affects. I think he definitely had some issues -- and he definitely suffered from indecision. I do think there is something to be said for his need for a male heir when Elizabeth became arguably one of the greatest monarchs England ever had. I find it all fascinating, and I would love to see more. 

3.) Revolutionary America: There isn't much of this around at all, but I think it is something that could use some exploration. It could be on England's side, France's side, America's side, it doesn't matter to me. It just had some turmoil that would make a cool setting to be caught in the midst of. 

4.) The Medieval World: Knights were real. Can we start a kick starter to make this happen? 

5.) WW11 Germany: There was just so much happening, there are so many emotions to be explored that there can be many, many more before we even touch the surface. 

6.) Regency Era: I know there are a lot, but I can't get enough. I love the idea of having balls, and dancing with the Earl from Kent and what not. When I read Regency romances it is very easy to get caught up, which I love! 


1 comments:

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

YES! I would love more medieval books, especially if they’re historical fiction and not fantasy.

Aj @ Read All The Things!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison