Monday, March 2, 2009

Perfect You by: Elizabeth Scott [Review]

Perfect You
by: Elizabeth Scott
Kate Brown's life has gone downhill fast. Her father has quit his job to sell vitamins at the mall, and Kate is forced to work with him. Her best friend has become popular, and now she acts like Kate's invisible.

And then there's Will. Gorgeous, unattainable Will, whom Kate acts like she can't stand even though she can't stop thinking about him. When Will starts acting interested, Kate hates herself for wanting him when she's sure she's just his latest conquest.

Kate figures that the only way things will ever stop hurting so much is if she keeps to herself and stops caring about anyone or anything. What she doesn't realize is that while life may not always be perfect, good things can happen --

but only if she lets them....

From Me:

Oh Man did I love this book. Completely and utterly loved it. I have read Elizabeth Scott and have alway's been obsessed with her books, so why pray tell did I wait until now to read Perfect You?! I can't answer that question but I can tell you what a completely adorable story this is.

I read it in one day - which isn't exactly new for me (I read the Twilight Series complete in Three) so I mean it's not a new thing but it had been awhile since a book has captured me like that.

Kate's life has gone downhill fast. She has a crazy family - complete with a Dad who quite his well paying job to sell vitamins.

Crappy Vitamins.

And he somehow wrangled her into helping him, so she sits there, surrounded by unbought vitamins while her father is in a Bee Suit, every single day.

But then there's Will. Gorgeous Will. I loved their chemistry. From the very beginning their conversations had me laughing out loud, and they're not out of place. They are believable and I could see two people having those conversations which is important to me.

The situations that Kate found herself in were sometimes funny, and then other times hit me hard as experiences she has had I have gone through myself.

I loved it and recommend it. Go buy it. Now.

You won't be sorry. Yet again Elizabeth Scott has made my week. :]

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I agree. Great book. :]

Bookworm said...

This looks so good--I've never read any of Scott's books but I think I may have to...

Amy said...

my fave book of hers! i actually own it.
-amy

JC said...

It does sound good. I don't think I've read any of her books, but mostly I read children's books these days! :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison