Tuesday, January 1, 2019

How I Plan My Writing and Reading Life in a Bullet Journal...

Bullet Journal's have been everywhere recently and I really wish I could tell you that they're overhyped and that using a traditional planner is just as helpful for your daily life. I am always wary of things that everyone swears by. I'm always afraid I'll get into something that redirects me from what is actually helpful for me. But....

I LOVE my bullet journal. I fully believe it made me a better person and redirected me to the things in my life that actually matter and that I actually care about. The beauty of bullet journaling is that it can be whatever you want and whatever you need AND you can change it at the drop of a hat. 

I began a new journal for 2019 pictured below (isn't it gorgeous?!). So, I thought with the new year and this brand new set -up it would be the perfect time to show you how the Bullet Journal Method works for me! Granted, I don't Bullet Journal traditionally like Ryder Carrol's book. I do create my own planner with to do lists, and keep track of goals to better my life. 

I've found, by writing down my goals I am MUCH more likely to hit them. 





I begin each notebook with future logs, trackers, and large scale goals. Below is my initial 2019 book tracking list. After each book I complete I will keep track of the title, author, date completed, along with a general star rating. This page will hold 75 books. 


I do like to make my Bullet Journal relatively pretty - the below spread is my pretty and fun Book Log for 2019. The one below keeps track of the date completed/my feelings on the book. This one is just to satisfy me visually. PLUS this list holds over 100 titles, which I'm hoping I may be able to hit this year. 

Whenever a title is completed I will color in the book and keep track of the title. I am SO excited to fill this in! :D 



Once a book is completed or a book is purchased, I place the plan for review below by month to sort out my posting plan. 


I am attempting to be more serious with my writing goals this year and am determined to finish my first draft and edit/complete all the things. 


The below log is a general goal for each month, whether it be drafting, editing, querying, etc... 

I tend to work as a I go with the journal. I will start by tracking January, setting those goals and go based on what is completed. I know some people will plan out an entire year but I KNOW things will change and will not put that down in ink just yet. 




This list below is a year in pixels so I can keep track of my productivity throughout the entire year for writing. Some people do habit trackers with multiple things tracked in one graph BUT that's way too much for me to handle. This tracker is just for writing and things related to writing so I can (hopefully) stay accountable. 




As I said earlier, I do attempt to make my journal a tad pretty and artistic. My art skills are horribly limited, but I do like to do nice literary cover pages! 




I track reading and writing goals in my monthly as well as my weekly planner as well, however it is much more limited. The monthly tends to be my big goals for the month and my plan for getting things done. 



So... do any of you bullet journal or want to know more about it? I have truly found so much joy from making my own pages and being able to make it everything I need at the time. If there's something pressing that I need to track, I can add a special tracker and personalize it to fit everything I need. 

What do you think? :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison