Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like in My Fictional Family

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

1. Jo March: Role-  Big sister

I'm still upset at her for not swiping up Laurie when she had the chance. Jo is a wonderful literary character that I have spent my entire life looking up to her. She is fearless, she goes against the crowd, she's not ashamed of who she is, and she had the courage to completely leave home to try to accomplish her dreams. Not many people can say that, especially a woman in the 1860's. 

2. Anne Shirley: Role - Little sister
She's so pure of heart that I just want to protect her, but she's so stubborn she won't let me. I talk her feelings out with her involving Gilbert and tell her she's stupid for not accepting him sooner, but since she's Anne of course, she has to figure it out in her own time. Anne is another person who you think is absolutely fearless, but in a different way. The way she views the world gives her courage and the life she has lived makes her grounded... with the best imagination I have ever seen.

3. Molly and Arthur Weasley: Role - Parents

They made it through seven kids and two wars. I want parents who are this bad a**. They're fantastic and throughout it all, you know that they just just really want to protect their kids.

4.Holly Golightly: Role - Crazy Aunt
Just look at that picture. Her couch is a bathtub. This is only one of the many reasons why I love Holly Golightly, but I think she would be my crazy Aunt that my parents always are concerned about. I would find her life fascinating and marvelous, and they would lock me in my room or something. The Truman Capote Holly is just a bit different than our movie heiress, but the main points are accurate. She's just looking for love while refusing to belong to anyone... and she wants money.

5. Sherlock and Watson: Role - Uncles

Now, I don't ship the Sherlock and Watson relationship, but you can take this however you want. I do think that you can't have one without the other, so they are my uncles. They can be married, I don't judge, or just brothers who have to coexist, however you see them, they are wonderful and amazing and constantly trying to get Holly in check.


That just about rounds out my fictional family! Who do you have in your family tree?





1 comments:

Josephine said...

Oh my gosh, your list is superb! All the coolest characters as different family members, what interesting family reunions there'd be! :)

I can just imagine Uncles Sherlock and Watson in a corner, whispering about the latest case to solve while Anne Shirley sits in the middle of the room and talk about her dreams and hopes.

Josette
Books Love Me

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the In the Castle and Story Book Castle by Lorie Davison